Acclimatisation Guide For Aquariums
- Make sure you properly acclimatize your aquatic life to help them adjust to any changes in temperature, salinity and PH in your tank
- Turn off the aquarium lights.
- Float the bags for 10-15 minutes to adjust the temperature
- Then open the bag and add some aquarium water. If you roll down the sides of the bag it should float on the surface, make sure the bag is now left open.
- After 5 minutes add some water to the bag.
- After another 5 minutes add some more water to the bag.
- After another 5 minutes release the aquatic life.
- Keep the lights turned off to help them settle in and reduce the risk of aggression from established fish.
- Always follow the procedure above even if the fish looks sick.
- Some fish when stressed do lie down but will quickly recover in the aquarium.
We stock around 12 varieties of freshwater fish and lots of accessories like pond pumps and filters as well as feeds and everything you will need read more
At Harvey’s we stock a huge selection of Aquarium Cold Water fish, Orandas and Fantails as well as the more unusual and all the accessories you will ever need read more
Jenny - Sedgley
" First visit to Harvey's Aquatics, didn't know they were there tucked away!!! Fantastic help, very friendly and helped me choose some plants for my pond. I'll definitely be back again. Cheers Dave 🙂 "
Lauren - Wednesbury
" Dave is really friendly, lovely shop great service, really reasonably priced, took my 3 and 4 year old boys with me who loved Harvey and Theo. Have already recommended to my Aunty who is going to pop in, and would definitely recommend to others too "
"Gave me all the info and help to get my tank set up ready for me going back the weekend to buy the 1st of our fish. So much of a better experience than going to the bigger chain shops, has a great selection of fish and equipment 100% recommended 👍🏼"
©2020 Harvey’s Aquatics & Aquarium Supplies West Midlands | Aquatics Specialists
Licence number 201838863 issued by Dudley Metropolitan Council- Rated 5 stars